- About Us
- Race Calendar
- Top Performances
- Runners' Stories
- Our Athletes 2011
- Contact Us
Elite Athletes 2011 Agreement
INTER-LEBANON Road Runners Association
Between INTER-LEBANON Road Running and Athletics Club having its address at 40 Pasteur Street, Medawar, Beirut, Lebanon hereinafter referred to as INTER-LEBANON and represented under this agreement by its President, Roger Bejjani
The athlete hereafter signing under his/her name and hereinafter referred to as the athlete
Whereas INTER-LEBANON is an athletic club duly licensed by the Lebanese Ministry of Youth & Sports and affiliated to the Lebanese Athletics Federation,
Whereas the athlete wishes to join INTER-LEBANON and compete under its flag effective January 1st, 2011,
Whereas INTER-LEBANON welcomes athlete’s enrolment under its flag,
The following has been agreed between both parties:
- The preamble constitute an integral part of this agreement
- This agreement takes effect January 1st, 2011 at the date of its signature and expires on December 31st 2011. INTER-LEBANON will issue a release effective December 31st 2011 in the name of the athlete.
- Athlete undertakes not to disclose the terms of this agreement to any other athlete, coach, administrator or any other person unless such disclosure has been pre-authorized by INTER-LEBANON.
- It is agreed that INTER-LEBANON will consider the athlete’s value at the effective date of this agreement in # of points as: (to be completed on the signature day and in writing).
- The remuneration may evolve during the contract period (up and down) depending on the athlete’s performance during the Lebanese Individual and Clubs Championships.
- In addition to the monthly minimum guaranteed remuneration, the athlete will benefit from the incentive program as stipulated under the same attached remuneration table.
- INTER-LEBANON will be in charge of appointing coaches paid by INTER-LEBANON and will decide, together with the appointed coach, the training programs, the training venues, disciplines and competitions locally and abroad. However, INTER-LEBANON will not ask the athlete to perform in any discipline in which he/she is not familiar or has not been trained for.
- Failure to abide with provision made under point 7 of this agreement will free INTER-LEBANON from its financial obligations under this agreement.
- Failure to train or to compete due to a medical condition validated by INTER-LEBANON’s assigned physician will not affect the provisions of this agreement.
- Training camp, coaches, physiotherapy, supplements and other medical care related expenses will be organized and totally financed by INTER-LEBANON. Athlete will have to restrict his/herself to the assigned physiotherapist and pharmacy (ies) designated by INTER-LEBANON.
- Athlete undertakes not take any illegal substance without the knowledge and the written pre-approval of INTER-LEBANON. In case athlete is tested positive during or after competition and or training, this agreement becomes Null and Void from inception and the athlete will be obligated to reimburse INTER-LEBANON for remuneration and premiums received during the period of this agreement.
- The athlete undertakes to wear INTER-LEBANON’s competition outfit which includes: warm-ups, running shorts/buns, T-shirts and other tops. INTER-LEBANON sponsors’ labels will be displayed on INTER-LEBANON competition outfits.
- The athlete waives his/her right UNRESTRICTIVELY to prospect sponsors and partners in favor of INTER-LEBANON which will be acting as the exclusive agent of the athlete.
- INTER-LEBANON fully owns on an exclusive basis the image of the athlete and the athlete undertakes to implement what INTER-LEBANON may require in terms of marketing projects and exposure.
- The athlete will direct on compulsory basis all sponsors wishing to sponsor him/her to INTER-LEBANON which shall be acting as the athlete’s manager. Any sponsoring shall have to be validated prior to implementation by INTER-LEBANON which will have the absolute privilege to either accept or deny such sponsoring proposal.
- INTER-LEBANON will have the right to deny payments due to the athlete under this agreement and may undertake other punitive legal measures in the following instances:
- If the athlete does not comply with the provisions made under articles 12,13,14 and 15 of this agreement
- The athlete has concluded a secret agreement with a sponsor without the pre-authorization of INTER-LEBANON.
- The athlete has tested positive for illegal substance intake without the written pre-approval of INTER-LEBANON.
- The athlete’s performance has dramatically deteriorated to the point that he/she has regressed more than 75 points under the Hungarian table from the starting point level and during the Lebanese Individual and Club Championships. This condition will however not be applied if the athlete is coming back from an injury.
- INTER-LEBANON and athlete both agree that any potential disagreement or conflict in interpretation of this agreement will be settled through arbitration as conducted by the Director of the Ministry of Youth & Sports.
Made in Beirut on December 31st, 2010